One of my New Year’s resolutions has been to better organize my thoughts and my life. In the time of mobile phones, I felt like I had become disconnected from my own inner voice; when writing thoughts down in my notepad, I would always get interrupted by other apps and felt like I was never able to articulate my ideas in the way I wanted to.
I decided to go back “in time,” and get an actual paper planner; it completely changed my thought process and ability to focus on future tasks. I felt calmer; I was no longer interrupted when writing my thoughts down. It became comforting to go back and re-read ideas and tasks I had noted and strategies on how I could achieve my newly set goals.
Here are some of the best insights (and tasks) I had collected in my planner over time:
1. Start your day with a great workout and a healthy breakfast – it will put you in a “winning” state of mind, and give you energy (and endorphins) to take on the day!
2. Keep your eyes open to the opportunities around you – there are infinite number of ways in which you can reach your goals.
3. Be patient – the most valuable things in the world took a long time to make.
4. Kindness is power – it will make you feel like the queen/king, and it will mean the world to others.
5. Strategy is key – it is not enough to wish, you have to have a plan on how to make it happen. Analyze, tweak, and work on this plan everyday!
Outfit: Planner by Women’s Planner, Sweater Theory, skirt Nina Ricci, shoes Laurence Dacade, and purse Saint Laurent.